Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Reigns of Control

"But I like to be in charge."
"I like to make my own decisions and set the course for my own life."
"It's my life, and I'll do what I want to."

Have you ever found yourself saying these words? Or similar ones?

Knowing the right course for our lives is about letting go of our control and letting God be in the driver's seat. For years the thought of having God as my co-pilot was the direction for living, but that still leaft me calling the shots and hoping that Gof would bail me out if I got into trouble. How much better to trust God with the reigns of control in my life and let Him guide and direct me.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says,
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
Lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him
And He will make your paths straight."

What Scripture verses keep you on the stright path of trusting God to be in control?
Where do you turn in God's Word to find the guidance you need to live each day God's way?

Try some of the following verses that I have found helpful, or find some of your own as you explore God's Word.

1 John 5:11-12
Matthew 11:28-30
1 Corinthians 10:13
1 John 1:9
Psalm 23
Joshua 1:9
Isaiah 40:28-31
Pslam 139:23-24

Prayer for today:
Lord, lead me to let go of the reigns and let you be in the driver's seat of my life.

If you would like to know more about how to take this step in your life please contact me.
Pastor Jared Enns
Westside Alliance Church
250.769.5481
pastor@westsidealliance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment